Chris Walker is an independent information governance consultant based in Canada, who has previously worked in the enterprise content management space for Open Text and Oracle. He writes the Info Mgt Nuggets blog.
In this discussion Chris gives his perspective on auto-classification. He differentiates between:
- auto-classification in an eDiscovery context where organisations are seeking to identify documents responsive to a particular case
- auto-classification in an enterprise content management system (ECM) context where the ECM repostitory is ingesting content from other repositories (shared drives. line of business systems, ERP systems etc.) and is attributing an appropriate category/classification to that content.
The interview concludes with a discussion on filtering trivial and personal e-mails from e-mail accounts
The conversation between James Lappin and Chris Walker took place in September 2013.
Links to things mentioned in the interview:
- US National Archives and Archives issues a grand challenge to industry
- US National Archives ‘Capstone’ bulletin on the permanent preservation of the e-mail accounts of key managers in US Federal Agencies
- The auto-classification webinar by Mark Diamond of Contoural can be viewed on You Tube here
You can play the podcast in your browser with this player: (needs flash or html 5)
Or you can download the podcast from here: