In this podcast Forrester analyst Cheryl McKinnon comments on new developments in the market place around records management.
In the podcast Cheryl discusses:
- The call by the US National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) for the technology industry to help develop automated solutions to records management.
- Innovations coming out of the eDiscovery space and the e-mail archiving space as vendors in both those markets seek to move into the information governance space
- The opportunities and challenges of applying tools/techniques such as predictive coding, autoclassification and analytics to records management
- The impact of big data on retention policies
Cheryl McKinnon is Principal analyst for Forrester, specialising in records management, information governance, and eDiscovery
The conversation between Cheryl McKinnon and James Lappin took place on 26 September 2013.
The podcast is introduced by Heather Jack
This podcast is 30 minutes long.
- Cheryl’s Forrester blog
- Cheryl’s blogpost Is Skeuomorphism Holding Back The Evolution Of Records Management Technology?
- NARA’s blogpost reviewing their ‘Grant challenge to industry’ event on September 10 2013
- NARA’s Ustream channel with videos of their ‘Grant challenge to industry’ event
- The Cat in the Hat by Dr Seuss
You can play the podcast in your browser with this player: (needs flash or html 5)[audio http://traffic.libsyn.com/irmspodcast/Episode004-CherylMcKinnon.mp3 ]
- If you would like to download the podcast to play later click on this link:
- If you would like to download the podcast to play immediately click on this link